About Gaithersburg High School
Founded in 1904, Gaithersburg High School was the second secondary school established in Montgomery County. Initially, “The Gaithersburg School” was located on Summit Avenue near Old Town. It proudly served the needs of a largely rural farming community, educating students from grades Kindergarten on up. In 1951, the high school moved to the intersection of South Summit Avenue and Md Route 355, a site that it continues to occupy today. In 2013, Gaithersburg High School opened the third building in its history, with the largest facility in Montgomery County.
Through the last 110 years, nearly 30,000 students have graduated from Gaithersburg High School, proudly carrying the Trojan tradition with them.